top of page

Group

Public·11 members

Who Cover

The Beatles' 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band has a widely recognized album cover that depicts several dozen celebrities and other images. The image was made by posing the Beatles in front of life-sized, black-and-white photographs pasted onto hardboard and hand-tinted.[1]

who cover

The cover image was created by Jann Haworth and Peter Blake, who in 1967 won the Grammy Award for Best Album Cover, Graphic Arts, for their work on it.[2] Blake has said that the intention was to show a new band surrounded by fans after a performance.[1][3]

I suggested that they had just played a concert in the park. They were posing for a photograph and the crowd behind them was a crowd of fans who had been at the concert. Having decided on this, then, by making cut-outs, the fans could be anybody, dead or alive, real or fictitious. If we wanted Hansel and Gretel, I could paint them and they could be photographed and blown up. I asked the four Beatles for a list and I did one myself. Robert Fraser did a list and I can't remember whether Brian Epstein did one or not. The way that worked out was fascinating. John gave me a list and so did Paul. George suggested only Indian gurus, about six of them, and Ringo said, "Whatever the others say is fine by me" and didn't suggest anyone. It's an insight into their characters. All kinds of people were suggested. Hitler was there; he is actually in the set-up, but he is covered by the Beatles themselves as we felt he was too controversial. The same applied to Jesus. There were only two of their contemporaries on the cover. Bob Dylan was suggested by John and I put on Dion because he is a great favourite of mine.[4]

ReThink Media builds capacity across movements. We work to minimize competition, maximize resources, and raise the voices of underrepresented spokespeople. We provide issue sectors with in-depth media, messaging, and opinion research; train advocates to level up their media skills; provide access to otherwise-unaffordable communications tools; drive collaboration and innovation through shared data and learning; and connect experts to the top reporters covering our issues.

According to CPJ research, at least 20 percent of the more than 1200 journalists killed in the line of duty since 1992 covered corruption. Of the 246 journalists killed during this time who were working on corruption, 95 percent were murdered. In just 13 cases was full justice achieved, meaning that all involved in the murder were convicted.

In years past, 2K has had several different covers for different editions. Last year, Luka Doncic donned the cover of the standard edition of 2K, while the trio of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Durant were on the cover of the "NBA 75th Anniversary Edition."

A bill that would require certain employers who cover abortion expenses for Arkansas employees to also provide 12 weeks of paid maternity leave passed the Arkansas House Committee on Public Health, Welfare, and Labor on Thursday.

A "covered employer" as defined by the bill is "any person engaged in commerce or in any industry or activity affecting commerce" who employs 50 or more employees for each working day during each of 20 or more calendar work weeks in the current or preceding calendar year.

"Covered employers" also would include any public agency, person "acting directly or indirectly in the interest of a covered employer to any of the employees of the employer" and successor "in interest of a covered employer."

Employees are not allowed to combine paid maternity leave benefits offered by their employer. To meet the requirements of the bill, employers may combine paid maternity leave with other forms of paid leave "at the compensation level associated with the leave in the covered employer's benefits package."

Dom Izzo, Jeff Kolpack, Logan Campbell, Dave Samson and Mike McFeely will be at Herd and Horns, 1414 12th Avenue North, to visit with subscribers and answer questions about the Bison and covering the Bison.

Media professionals have raised their voices against the use of excessive force against journalists who cover the mass protests. Many said they were harassed or had their equipment confiscated, or both. The SKeyes Center for Media and Cultural Freedom at the Samir Kassir Foundation (SKeyes) reported multiple incidents of injury and harassment of journalists from the Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation (LBC), Murr Television (MTV), Agence France Presse (AFP) and Al-Jadeed on January 18 alone.

In one incident reported by Skeyes center on January 15, 2020 freelance journalist Saada Saada was covering a roadblock staged by protesters in the Furn al-Shubak area in Beirut, the capital, when a couple of soldiers started to beat him. He declared that he was a journalist and presented his press identification card, but soldiers reportedly tried to snatch his phone from his hands as they dragged, kicked and beat him. His injuries demanded medical attention and transfer to a local hospital.

Because of space concerns or security reasons, not all reporters wishing to cover the president may always be able to do so. Also, covering the president at all times would be too costly for some news organizations.

With guest stars ranging from the Teen Titans to the sitting President Of The United States, this cover is a tour de force of rendering madness for Adams, totally worth the effort of looking at up close. (Adams even works in cameos of his own family and his creator-owned character Ms. Mystic, if you look close enough.)

"Is Salem truly populated by hypocrites who cover their actions with a veneer of respectability?" eNotes Editorial, 9 Dec. 2010, -help/salem-truly-populated-by-hypocrites-who-cover-388192.Accessed 30 Mar. 2023.

In addition to the legacy news organizations listed above, a number of nontraditional outlets cover statehouse news. Many of them were launched in the past six years in response to the sharp reduction of statehouse coverage by more established outlets. Taken together, the nontraditional organizations identified by Pew Research employ 126 full-time statehouse reporters, or 17% of the full-time total.

In addition to the AJR cohort, however, our current research identified 15 papers that employed 19 full-time reporters, bringing the total number of newspaper reporters currently dedicated to the statehouse full time to 319.4To bolster the coverage provided by full-time statehouse journalists, newspapers send 285 other reporters to their capitols at various times. Of those, 55 cover state government during legislative sessions only and 144 are part time. An additional 66 reporters are students and 20 are non-student interns and others that papers did not categorize.

In all, radio stations assign 124 reporters to the statehouse beat: 68 who are full-time, 15 who cover it only during legislative sessions, 31 part time, 7 students and 3 who fall into none of those categories.

The for-profit site that has the greatest number of full-time, year-round statehouse reporters is the four-year-old Capital New York, which has the largest bureau in Albany. With five full-time journalists and one student intern covering the statehouse, Capital New York eclipses the New York Times and the Albany Times Union, each of which has three full-time reporters and none in any other category. None of the 24 other outlets that cover state government in the third most populous state has more than two full-time, year-round reporters in the capitol.

Like for-profit digital news organizations, nonprofit outlets have mushroomed since the recession pummeled the legacy news industry. Last year, Pew Research identified 172 nonprofit news outlets across the country. Our new study found that 23 of the nonprofits that were not also ideological cover state government.

The rise of niche outlets that have stepped in to cover statehouses as the legacy press corps shrunk follows a pattern found in coverage of the U.S. federal government. In an earlier report on the composition of the Washington press corps, Pew Research identified a dramatic rise in specialty publications at the same time that mainstream media coverage of Washington was declining.

"There's a marked difference to the way I'm being perceived. Nobody is giving me dirty looks because of my gloves and the covered face," said a woman I'll call Afrah, from the the U.K., in a Facebook Messenger chat. "Everyone suddenly understands it!"

"I am usually an anxious person who doesn't like to attract attention so that was always the biggest issue. Now that face coverings are seen everywhere," she says, "I have finally found the courage to wear it."

The niqab alone is not sufficient protection against influenza-like viruses because it is not airtight. Mosques are warning women who wear the niqab to additionally wear a mask underneath for more effective protection. However, the niqab, like any cloth face covering, is likely to protect others from the wearer's sneezes if worn snugly around the eyes, ears and nose.

Chloe Hall oversees all beauty coverage at ELLE.com. She knew she wanted to get into beauty the moment Donna Summer came on her screen and she's been chasing the perfect disco shadows ever since. Her sweet spot is the intersections of beauty with current culture, whether it's music, movies, or social media. You can find her in Brooklyn with her pug or in Rihanna's comment section. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page